The Nash Central girls and Rocky Mount boys emerged victorious in the Bulldog Polar Bear indoor track meet Wednesday at Nash Central High School.
The Bulldog girls amassed 61 points to defeat North Pitt (40).
The Gryphon boys finished with 107.5 points to defeat North Pitt (92), Nash Central (72.5) and Southern Wayne (41).
The Nash Central girls scored 33 of their points in sprint events, 18 in distance events and 10 in relays.
The Rocky Mount boys earned 43 of their points in jumps, 16 in relays, 14.5 in sprints, 13 in distance, 11 in throws and 10 in hurdles.
Picking up first-place finishes for Nash Central were Javaris Jones (55-meter dash), Davon Fate (500), Aaron Brown (1,000 and 1,600), Maniyah Jones (500), Kayla Lewis (1,600) and the girls 800-meter relay team.
Rocky Mount’s first-place showings came from Juanya Horne (55 hurdles), the boys 3,200 relay team, Seallio Aphonse (high jump), Davaree Wilkes (long jump), Jamel Hodges (shot put), Paige Miller (1,000 and high jump) and Ahnia Cherry (55).
Results are as follows:
- Boys 55-meter dash: Javaris Jones (NC) third (6.94), Dominique Whitehead (NC) fourth (7.04), Isaiah Silver (RM) fifth (7.04)
- Boys 500-meter dash: Davon Fate (NC) second (1:14), Javon Leary (RM) fourth (1:19), Jayden Williams (RM) fifth (1:23)
- Boys 1,000-meter run: Aaron Brown (NC) first (3:26), Landen Holloman (NC) second (3:29), Elijah Frazier (RM) fourth (4:04)
- Boys 1,600-meter run: Aaron Brown (NC) first (5:08), ShaHeem Arrington (RM) second (5:20), Landen Holloman (NC) third (5:25)
- Boys 55-meter hurdles: Juanya Horne (RM) first (10.4)
- Boys 800-meter relay: Nash Central second (Davon Fate, TyQuaun Jones, Javaris Jones, Jase Wilkerson) (1:36), Rocky Mount third (1:40)
- Boys 3,200-meter relay: Rocky Mount first (11:00.70)
- Boys High Jump: Seallio Alphonse (RM) first (5-08), Jamel Hodges (RM) second (5-04), Cameron Jones (RM) third (5-04)
- Boys Long Jump: Davaree Wilkes (RM) second (17-09), Seallio Alphonse (RM) third (17-03.50), Zanile Johnson (RM) fourth (17-00)
- Boys Shot Put: Jamel Hodges (RM) second (34-07), Everette Valentine (NC) fifth (28-04)
- Girls 55-meter dash: Ahnia Cherry (RM) first (7.74), Maniyah Jones (NC) second (7.74), Janiya Alston (NC) third (7.84), Adashia Staten (NC) fifth (8.24)
- Girls 500-meter dash: Maniyah Jones (NC) first (2:25)
- Girls 1,000-meter run: Paige Miller (RM) first (4:17), Kayla Lewis (NC) second (5:15)
- Girls 1,600-meter run: Kayla Lewis (NC) first (7:44)
- Girls 800-meter relay: Nash Central first (Janiya Alston, Jamia Arrington, Adashia Staten, Maniyah Jones) (2:01.40)
- Girls High Jump: Paige Miller (RM) first (4-02)