About Us

Rocky Mount Telegram

The Rocky Mount Telegram has been covering the Twin Counties for nearly 120 years.   

Owned by Adams Publishing Group, the Telegram has won a long string of editorial and advertising awards over the years from the North Carolina Press Association.

Founded as The Evening Telegram by Joshua Lawrence Horne III in 1910 in offices on Main Street in downtown Rocky Mount, the newspaper later moved its operations a few blocks away to Howard Street, where it continued to publish a daily paper until relocating to Tiffany Square in 1998. 

The newspaper was purchased by Thomson Newspapers in 1970 and was renamed the Rocky Mount Telegram in 1995 before being acquired by Cox Newspapers in 1996. The offices were moved again to Hunter Hill Road in 2008, and the newspaper was purchased by Cooke Communications in 2009.

Adams Publishing Group acquired the Telegram in 2018 and the newspaper moved into a newly remodeled office later that year at the Rocky Mount Mills, a mixed-used development along the Tar River on Falls Road.

 

Physical Address
1151 Falls Road Suite 2008
Rocky Mount, NC 27804
Mailing Address
P.O. Box 1080
Rocky Mount, NC 27802
Main (252)366-8190
Customer Care 252-329-9505
   

Latest e-Edition

Special Editions