The Small Business Center at Nash Community College in partnership with TenBiz will continue to provide Mindspark Live and Smart Start webinars through September.
The following sessions are available:
- Government Agencies that Work for Small Business, noon to 1 p.m. on Sept. 2: New or potential small business owners may be surprised to know the abundance of resources available to assist small businesses. Whether you’re interested in business planning, budgeting, marketing or other business-related issues, this session will introduce you to various organizations and online resources that are designed to support business success.
- How to choose Your Legal Structure, 6-7 p.m. on Sept. 2: Choosing the right legal structure for your new or growing business can seem overwhelming and confusing. There are certain basic questions to ask yourself when making this important decision and some fundamental differences that you need to know. This session will break it down and give you the information you need to understand the differences between the different types of legal structures of a small business.
- Crowdfunding and Creative Ways to Fund Small Business, 6-7 p.m. on Sept. 3: Crowdfunding is one of many new creative ways of getting funding for small businesses. This class demystifies crowdfunding and other new ways to get money for small business today with a lower barrier to entry. You will learn the how-to of getting money for your business and what is the right funding to explore for your business. Attendees will receive a handout and a list of extensive online resource links to help you gain the knowledge you need to win.
- Email Marketing, 6-8 p.m. on Sept. 10: Email marketing has a 90 percent deliverability rate and an average of 38x ROI. Done right, it can really drive sales and brand awareness for your small business.
- Creating a Customer Profile, 6-7 p.m. on Sept. 16: Learn to recognize the various sections of a business plan and what makes them work. Sample business plans will be available to study and further understand what makes a good plan. Participants will have an opportunity to use several business plan evaluation tools.
- Website and Point of Sale Systems for Small Business, 6-8 p.m. on Sept. 24: Your website is the one piece of the internet you actually own. There are multiple options for creating a website, from a single landing page to a multiple page site with customer access and shopping carts and more. In this session, learn from a panel of experts about websites and Point of Sales systems and determine what’s best for your small business.
The Small Business Center at Nash Community College offers no-cost business counseling and seminars. The Small Business Center is now offering virtual and Spanish services.