Metropolitan Baptist Church, 1213 Leggett Road, will hold a Youth/Heritage Day service at 10:45 a.m. Feb. 28. The guest speaker will be the Rev. Charles Penny II.
The combined youth department of Emanuel Chapel Original Free Will Baptist Church, 635 Henry St., will celebrate its anniversary at 11 a.m. March 13.
East End Baptist Church, 928 E. Highland Ave., will host a red and white fellowship dinner at 6 p.m. today in the fellowship hall. For information, call Wilma Sweeney at 903-8070.
Anniversary services will be held at the following churches:
- The women’s fellowship of Hickory View Baptist Church – 10 a.m. Saturday. Breakfast will be served at 9 a.m. The guest speaker will be the Rev. Angela R. Young. The Fellowship Ministry Choir will provide the music.
- Restoration Worship Center, 734 Falls Road – Second anniversary at 7 p.m. Monday through Feb. 19 and 4 p.m. Feb. 21. The guest speakers will be Monday, the Rev. Mack Battle; Tuesday, Bishop Herbert Williams; Wednesday, Apostle Kenneth Anderson; Thursday, the Rev. Robert Farmer; Feb. 19, the Rev. Timothy Walker; and Feb. 21, Bishop Moore Bynum.
- The Church of the Open Door-Baptist, 131 S. Glendale Ave. – 33rd anniversary at 11 a.m. Feb. 21. The guest speaker will be the Rev. Jimmy Parker.
- Luther Chapel Holiness Church, 10778 Church St., Castalia – Second anniversary of its pastor, the Rev. Lewis and first lady Galloway, at 3 p.m. Feb. 21. The program will include Bishop Jessie Yowell, the Rev. Larry C. Terry, Deacon Joe Alston, Brother Frazier Williams and the MLK Ensemble, Catina Macklin and New Visions and The Safeway Travelers.
- St. Paul Missionary Baptist Church, 900 Lloyd St., Tarboro – 150th anniversary at 11 a.m. and 4 p.m. March 27. The guest speakers will be the Rev. E. Ray Bynum at 11 a.m. and the Rev. Elbert Heath at 4 p.m.
Black History Month services will be held at the following churches:
- The education ministry of Morning Star Missionary Baptist Church of Battleboro – 3 p.m. Saturday. The theme will be “Hallowed Grounds: African American Memories.” The speaker will be Sauuda Y. Eshe.
- Shiloh Missionary Baptist Church of Whitakers – 2:30 p.m. Feb. 21.
- House of Resurrection, 102 S. King St., Whitakers – 3 p.m. Feb. 21.
- Johnson Chapel Missionary Baptist Church, 317 Beauvue Road, Elm City – 3 p.m. Feb. 28. The guest speaker will be the Rev. Jimmy Parker. Dinner will be served at 1:30 p.m.
- Hillsdale Baptist Church, 1601 Cherry St. – 4 p.m. Feb. 28. The skit “Going Under” will be presented.
Christ Christian Center, 9779 York Chapel Road, Nashville, will hold a teaching series on prayer at 10 a.m. Sunday. For information, call the Rev. Jacqueline Richardson at 459-8254.
“The Emancipation of Women,” a moderated discussion, will be held at 10 a.m. Sunday at Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Rocky Mount, 516 N. Church St. For information, call 972-0221.
The deaconess ministry of Foster Memorial Baptist Church, 1911 S. Church St., will have a surprise recognition program at 11 a.m. Sunday. The speaker will be Dr. Michael Perry. For information, call Deaconess Clara Knight at 904-3534.
Brother Joseph Bell Jr. will preach his initial sermon at 4:30 p.m. Feb. 21 at Metropolitan Baptist Church, 1213 Leggett Road.
Remnant Christian Fellowship Church, 1217 Williford St., will have a building fund service at 5 p.m. Feb. 21. The praise and worship guest will be Pamela Richardson. For information, call 977-3813.
House of Resurrection, 102 S. King St., Whitakers, will have a women’s conference at 7 p.m. Feb. 24-26. A women’s breakfast will be held at 10 a.m. Feb. 27. The guest speaker will be first lady Gerenda Howard-Williams.
The young adults of Foster Memorial Baptist Church, 1911 S. Church St., will present “The Cotton Club” at 11 a.m. Feb. 28. Dinner will be served following the service. For information, call Deaconess Clara Knight at 544-3519.
NorthSide Church, 1660 Beaver Pond Drive, will hold NorthSide Nights, an interactive worship experience for teenage and college students and young adults, at 7 p.m. March 6, March 13, April 3 and April 10.
St. Paul United Methodist Church, 1217 Bethlehem Road, will hold a worship service at 6:45 p.m. Thursdays. For information, go to connecttostpaul.com.
The prayer ministry of Whitakers United Methodist Church offers prayers on request for individuals. For prayer requests, contact Sheila Lanier from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 437-2450.
Old Trinity Episcopal Church, N.C. 258 N., Scotland Neck, offers traditional language Anglican vespers at 5:30 p.m. on the first Tuesday of each month. For information, call 826-4616.
St. James Missionary Baptist Church, 527 E. Thomas St., opens its food pantry at 9 a.m. on the first and third Wednesday of each month for Edgecombe County residents. Participants must meet requirements and provide identification.
Union Missionary Baptist Church, 9853 E. N.C. 97 holds “Kids for Jesus” classes for first- through sixth-graders at 7 p.m. Wednesdays and 6 p.m. Sundays. There will be Bible lessons, crafts, music and mission activities. For information, call 977-9772.
Johnson Chapel Missionary Baptist Church, 317 Beauvue Road, Elm City, will hold a “War Room” Bible study at noon and 7 p.m. Tuesdays. The instructors will be Dr. Helen McEachin at noon and the Rev. Roderick L. Tillery Sr. at 7 p.m.
East End Baptist Church, 928 E. Highland Ave., holds a community prayer meeting and testimonial service at 7 p.m. every Wednesday. This service will be followed by the Rev. Mack E. Battle leading a verse-by-verse study of the book of 1st Corinthians.
Emanuel Chapel Original Free Will Baptist Church, 635 Henry St., holds a prayer, praise and Bible study from 7:30 to 9 p.m. every Wednesday after the first, third and fourth Sunday.
The Rev. Mack E. Battle leads a special brotherhood session for men at 11 a.m. of the first and third Saturdays of the month at East End Baptist Church, 928 E. Highland Ave.