NASHVILLE – A Wendy’s in the 1200 block of Eastern Avenue caught fire Thursday in Nashville.
Nashville firefighters arrived on the scene around 3:30 p.m. and saw smoke coming from the building, but no flames were visible from the outside, Capt. Jason Edwards said.
A small flash fire was the cause of the blaze, Edwards said, but was quickly extinguished by an emergency system in the hood of a fryer unit.
No one was seriously injured, Edwards said, although EMS workers treated one of the employees for smoke inhalation. The employee was not taken to the hospital.
The cause of the fire was a malfunction in the fryer unit. Edwards said.
The Red Oak Fire Department, West Mount Fire Department, Coopers Fire & Rescue, Rocky Mount Fire Department, Nash County EMS and Nashville Police Department assisted at the scene.