Woman dies after clothes ignited by trash fire

The Associated Press

0 Comments | Leave a Comment

DENTON — A North Carolina 81-year-old is dead after flames from a trash fire in her yard spread to her clothing.

Davidson County Sheriff David Grice says a neighbor saw the yard burning outside a mobile home near Denton on Friday and called for help.

The sheriff says the woman was inside the home with burns on her body. The kitchen faucet was running, leading investigators to believe that she hoped to extinguish the flames.

The victim was the only person at the home.

Grice declined to identify the victim, saying that her relatives hadn’t been notified of her death.