CHARLOTTE — Sunday services at a Charlotte church have been cancelled after carbon monoxide was found inside the building.
Firefighters said six people were taken to the hospital Saturday after they were sickened by the dangerous gas at Shiloh Institutional Baptist.
Authorities say about 18 people were meeting in the church when some of them started feeling dizzy and nauseous. Firefighters found carbon monoxide levels inside were potentially deadly.
Firefighters think carbon monoxide was leaking into the building through the broken heating system.
The church has hired a contractor to check its heating system and cancelled services Sunday as a precaution.