Two brothers held in connection with courthouse shooting Read More

Firefighters from the West Mount, Sharpsburg and Coopers volunteer fire departments extinguished a kitchen fire around 7 p.m. Tuesday at a house on the 5800 block of Tar River Cove Drive.
Viewing Photo 1 / 3

Special to the Telegram / Bob Bartosz

Firefighters from the West Mount, Sharpsburg and Coopers volunteer fire departments extinguished a kitchen fire around 7 p.m. Tuesday at a house on the 5800 block of Tar River Cove Drive.

Fire crews extinguish kitchen fire

From Staff Reports

0 Comments | Leave a Comment

A kitchen fire at a house in the West Mount community was quickly extinguished Tuesday by fire crews.

About 35 firefighters from the West Mount, Sharpsburg and Coopers volunteer fire departments responded to the blaze around 7 p.m. on the 5800 block of Tar River Cove Drive.

The cause of the fire was unattended cooking, West Mount Fire Chief Johnny Bains said.

The grease in the cooking food caught fire while family members were outside, and they quickly call the fire department. The blaze was quickly put out, and no one was injured, Bains said.