An early June workshop will offer church leaders guidance and ideas in a number of finance-related areas.
Offered by the Center for Clergy and Church Support, the church growth and servant leadership workshop will be held from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. June 7 at Word of Hope & Deliverance Christian Center, a release says. ”
“The workshop is designed to assist pastors and other church and faith-based leadership continue their mission of growing their churches and transforming their communities,” a release says.
The workshop’s classes include:
- “Not Without Me!!! Preparing Godly Servant-Leaders for the Work of the Kingdom.”
- “Laying the Proper Foundation: Bringing Clarity and Implementation to the Vision” – This includes the importance of articles of incorporation and bylaws and how to prepare them.
- Obtaining 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status.
- “Contributions & Donations (Tithes & Offerings): Going Beyond the Collection Plate.”
- Church accounting and U.S. Internal Revenue Service rules compliance.
- “Tax Planning, Administration and Management – Being a Wise Steward over What God has Given You.”
The workshop is free; however, preregistration is required, the release says. The registration deadline is 5 p.m. Thursday.
For information or to register, contact the center at 363-2834 or email@example.com.
Word of Hope & Deliverance Christian Center is at 724 E. Raleigh Blvd.