Fall festivals will be held at the following churches:
- Oakdale Baptist Church, 13037 U.S. 64 Alt. W. – 5 to 6:30 p.m. today. There will be candy and food. Costumes are permitted. For information, call 442-6587.
- Showers of Blessing Christian Center and Love Church, 406 Cokey Road – Hallelujah Night for ages 2-11 from 6 to 8 p.m. today. There will be candy, games, prizes and food. Dress up is allowed but no scary costumes. For information, call 985-1848.
- Bread of Life Christian Church and Community Center, 907 E. Holly St. – Hallelujah Night from 6 to 8 p.m. today. There will be candy, games, prizes, clothes giveaway and food. For information, call 446-6628 or go to breadofliferm.org.
- Macedonia Baptist Church, 551 Macedonia Road, Spring Hope – 6 to 8 p.m. today. The theme is “Come Hang Out With Jesus – He Hung Out For You.” There will be face painting, cornhole, a hayride, games and candy. For information, call 478-5880 or 883-5039.
- Church on the Rise, 3520 Bishop Road – 6 to 8:30 p.m. today. There will be a hayride, games, a chili cook-off, inflatables and food. For information, call 972-7473 or go to churchontherise.org.
- Northside Community Church, 1660 Beaver Pond Road – Trunk-or-Treat from 6:30 to 8 p.m. today.
- Battleboro United Methodist Church – Fall festival and bazaar from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday. There will be inflatables, games, face painting, contests and vendors. For information, call 904-0096.
Ivory Hill Baptist Church, 4505 Medoc Mountain Road, Enfield, will hold its annual Choir Day at 3 p.m. Saturday.
St. John 3:16 Missionary Baptist Church, 4000 Meadowbrook Road, will have a gospel sing featuring the St. John 3:16 All Male Chorus, The Spiritual Five and The Friendly Gospel Singers at 3 p.m. Sunday. For information, call 977-8863.
Anniversary services will be held at the following churches:
- Charlie Canty and Friends – Fourth anniversary at 4 p.m. Saturday at Redd Budd Church, 736 Cleveland St. Admission is free.
- Alice Bailey – 3 p.m. Nov. 9 at Marks Chapel Baptist Church, 2355 Leggett Road; featuring the Marks Chapel Mass Choir, Charlie Canty and Friends and Higher Purpose. Attendees are asked to bring a nonperishable canned good.
- Ray of Hope Christian Center, 12120 Fisher Road, Whitakers – Musicians anniversary at 4 p.m. Nov. 15.
Musician appreciation services will be held at the following churches:
- Friendship Missionary Baptist Church, 13943 U.S. 64 Alt. – Service for Marletha Muhammad at 4 p.m. Nov. 16.
Whitakers United Methodist Church is accepting donations for its annual Coats for the Cold benefit. For information or to make a donation, contact Nancy Taylor at 438-8751.
United Friendship Church, 1213 Scott St., will have a plate sale from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. and 4 to 6 p.m. today. Cost is $8 for a half-chicken plate and $9 for fish and a quarter-chicken plate. For information, call 985-1400, ext. 402.
Hickory View Missionary Baptist Church, 3911 Bulluck School Road, will have a men’s fellowship service at 9 a.m. Saturday. The guest speaker will be Jesse L. Bulluck. The Hickory View Fellowship Singers will provide the music. For information, call 442-1293.
Brian Dubberly, a missionary in El Salvador, will speak at 8:30 a.m., 9 a.m. and 11 a.m. Sunday at First United Methodist Church. For information, call 977-0400.
St. James Missionary Baptist Church, 527 E. Thomas St., will have a Family and Friends Day service at 11 a.m. Sunday. Dinner will be served following the service.
Anniversary services will be held at the following churches:
- United Order of Tent, Pure Light Chapter 337 – 2 p.m. Sunday at Marks Chapel Baptist Church. The speaker will be the Rev. Mary Blackwell-Hinton. For information, call 452-5799 or 469-0516.
- The ushers of Johnson Chapel Missionary Baptist Church of Elm City – 5 p.m. Sunday. The guest speaker will be Dr. Torase Barnes.
- Foster Memorial Baptist Church – 125th anniversary. Services include 6 p.m. Nov. 12, Trinity service, guest speakers will be the Rev. Roderick Tillery, the Rev. Richard Gerald and the Rev. James Gailliard; 6 p.m. Nov. 13, youth service; 6 p.m. Nov. 14, “The Old Ship of Zion”; and 4 p.m. Nov. 16, worship service, the guest speaker will be Dr. William J. Barber II. For information, call 544-3519.
Metropolitan Baptist Church, 1213 Leggett Road, will observe World Day of Prayer from noon to 1 p.m. Monday. A light lunch will be provided.
The Edgecombe/Nash & Vicinity MinistersSSRq Wives and MinistersSSRq Widows Association will meet at 6 p.m. Monday at East End Baptist Church. 928 E. Highland Ave. Wives or widows of licensed ministers are invited. For information, call 985-4481 or 442-9553.
Oakdale Baptist Church, 13037 U.S. 64 Alt. W, will hold registration for Upward basketball and cheerleading from 6 to 8 p.m. Monday and Tuesday. For information, call 903-2533 or 442-6587.
St. John 3:16 Missionary Baptist Church, 4000 Meadowbrook Road, will hold revival services at 7:30 p.m. Monday through Nov. 7. The guest speakers will be Monday, the Rev. Richard Joyner; Tuesday, the Rev. Nathaniel Bunn; Wednesday, the Rev. Corneilous Young; Thursday, the Rev. Roy L. Pittman; and Nov. 7, the Rev. Arthur Vincent. For information, call 977-8863.
The Christian Women United Christ Ministry of Shiloh Missionary Baptist Church of Whitakers will have a Psalms 23 program at 4 p.m. Nov. 8.
The Edgecombe/Nash & Vicinity MinistersSSRq Wives and MinistersSSRq Widows Association will celebrate its fifth annual Founder’s Day at 5 p.m. Nov. 8 at the R.T. McCarter Family Life Center. The guest speaker will be Dr. Shirley Alexander-Hart. Tickets are $25. For information or tickets, contact Shirley Parker at 977-9800.
East End Baptist Church, 928 E. Highland Ave., will hold leadership services at 11 a.m. and 4 p.m. Nov. 9. The guest speakers will be Dr. Charles Hart at 11 a.m. and the Rev. Larry Terry at 4 p.m.
Tabernacle Baptist Church, 1742 Ringwood Road, Enfield, will hold a Veterans Day service at 2:30 p.m. Nov. 9. The guest speaker will be Robert Marriot Jr. A memorial wreath in honor of departed loved ones will be placed at Randolph Park at 2 p.m. Refreshments will be served following the service.
St. James United Methodist Church of Tarboro will hold a holiday bazaar Nov. 15. Vendor spaces are available for $25. For information, contact Jeff O’Neil at 377-5491.
Luther Chapel Holiness Church of Castalia will hold its annual Brotherhood Fellowship service at 4 p.m. Nov. 16. The guest speaker will be the Rev. David Rosby. The South Main Street Baptist Church Choir and Joe Alston and the One Man Band will provide the music.
Howard Memorial Presbyterian Church will hold its community Thanksgiving service at 7 p.m. Nov. 23. Attendees are asked to bring a canned good. Canned goods and the offering will benefit the Tarboro Community Outreach Center. For information, contact the Rev. Kristina Yeatts at 823-3783.
Valley of Hope Ministries offers prayers on request for individuals. For prayer requests, call 544-5464.
The prayer warriors ministry of Whitakers United Methodist Church offers prayers on request for individuals. For prayer requests, contact Sheila Lanier from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 437-2450.
Old Trinity Episcopal Church, N.C. 258 N., Scotland Neck, offers traditional language Anglican vespers at 5:30 p.m. on the first Tuesday of each month. For information, call 826-4616.
Mount Zion First Baptist Church, 320 W. Thomas St., will hold prayer and praise service from noon to 1 p.m. Wednesdays. For information, call 442-1627.
East End Missionary Baptist Church, 928 E. Highland Ave., holds its prayer meeting followed by a verse-by-verse study of 1st Corinthians at 7 p.m. Wednesdays.
Emanuel Chapel Original Free Will Baptist Church, 635 Henry St., will hold a prayer, praise and Bible study from 7:30 to 9 p.m. on the first and third Wednesday of each month.
Union Missionary Baptist Church, 9853 E. N.C. 97 will hold “Kids for Jesus” classes for first- through sixth-graders at 7 p.m. Wednesdays and 6 p.m. Sundays. There will be Bible lessons, crafts, music and mission activities. For information, call 977-9772.
Young Men In Purpose, a ministry to boys and young men aspiring to live Christian lives, meets from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. on the second and fourth Saturday at Parker Middle School. For information, call 977-1901.
Graceful Girls, a ministry for girls ages 8-15, will meet from 9 to 11 a.m. every second and fourth Saturday at Fellowship of Christ Church. For information, call 977-1901.
East End Baptist Church, 928 E. Highland Ave., will host a brotherhood meeting from 10 a.m. to noon on the first and third Saturday.