I have started and not finished about five different blog entries for this week.
Maybe I have ADD, maybe my thoughts are more voluminous than my "free" time at work or maybe everything just needed to be edited
So here is the edited versions of this week's blog entries:
1. Real Housewives of N.J – what the F*@## is going on?!? Jacqueline supposedly bailed on the reunion and quit, Caroline is hating on Theresa and I am thinking Melissa and Joe Gorga are awesome??!! It's a full moon, so maybe that explains these backwards kind of events going on on my favorite reality-tv show.
(Note: I originally wrote this on Monday a.m. - then saw the Real Housewives of Bev.Hills on Monday night and between the wacked out new girls and veteran Kim showing up everywhere wasted, the BH girls are fast gaining ground on the NJ girls for most entertaining and train-wreck season.)
Here is a clip of the upcoming NJ reunion that will be on Sunday night. I am making popcorn for this. With extra butter.
2) Emmy asked me to get down some cookbooks for her this week – the only books in the house she hasn't yet "read." This girl has a thing for books. She's got well over 100 books - I'm not kidding. Coincidentally, I came across some statistics this week that said in middle-class homes, there are usually 15 books per preschooler and in low-income neighborhoods, there is 1 book per 300 pre-school kids. That is unacceptable. I have an idea I'm working on and I'll keep you updated. It involves a book drive and Emmy sharing some of her books.
3. We are working on a story for the November Carolina Charm about Jackie Bailey, a local woman who, with her husband, decided they needed to build an orphanage in Africa and got to work doing it. The orphanage is almost done and kids will be living there at the beginning of the new year. You can follow their progress here. I have been reading their blog here. It moves me to tears everytime I read it. (Maybe this is what inspired my crazy book drive idea!)
4. Don't forget to shop tonight (Thursday) at A Second Season resale boutique. All proceeds benefit My Sister's House. Here are a few things we thought you'd like....
Pants, sweater and black shirt, all $3.79 each (yes, that's $12 for the outfit). Black booties, $20.
Outfit is about $8.
Skirt and pink shirt $3.79 each. Black fur vest is probably a little more, maybe about $6 and the boots are $30.
That's $50 for two nice pairs of shoes. And three outfits for less than $50. And all the proceeds benefit our local domestic shelter - that's a sweet deal.
5. I was going to write about Emmy being potty-trained, but then I remembered the rule about not bragging about your kid doing something online in public forums because that's a sure-fire way to get them to stop doing the said accomplishment and in fact, possibly, make things a lot worse than they ever were. So, I have nothing to say about Emmy, who may or may not be potty trained.
6. Next week we have a giveaway - so check back soon.