Loading...

Fire damages home near Castalia

1216firephoto

Nashville, Red Oak and Castalia Fire Departments respond to a fire on 5861 Maggie Road.

Loading…

From Staff Reports

Saturday, December 16, 2017

A Friday morning blaze at a double-wide mobile home near Castalia destroyed the home’s kitchen and caused extensive heat and smoke damage.

Firefighters from the Castalia Volunteer Fire Department, the Red Oak Fire Department and the Nashville Fire Department responded to the scene at 5861 Maggie Road when the call came in at 11:14 a.m. With their joint efforts, firefighters were able to put out the fire within about 20 minutes.

“We are fairly certain at this time that the fire was an electrical fire that started in an outlet behind the stove, “ said Paul Mutzabaugh, a Red Oak firefighter. “It was a fairly random occurrence.”

Mutzabaugh said no one was at home at the time of the blaze and no one was injured.

Loading…