Thursday, December 28, 2017
N.C. Wesleyan College galleries: 3400 N. Wesleyan Blvd.; Everett Mayo Adelman, 985-5268; ncwc.edu/arts/mims.
- “Radiance in Nature” - Jan. 12 through Feb. 22; works by Grace Li Wang; artist reception 5 p.m. Jan. 18.
- Kittie Deemer and Delphine Peller – March 8 through April 8; artists reception 5 p.m. March 8.
- “Come Fly With Me” - April 5 through May 24; Civic Gallery; butterfly mosaics by Hollister Elementary School students with resident Karen Harley.
- “Recent Paintings” - April 12 through May 13; works by Eric McRay; artist reception 5 p.m. April 12.
- Garden Party Invitational – May 17 through Aug. 12; group art exhibition; artists reception 5 p,.m. May 17.
Louisburg College: 201 N. Main St., Louisburg; 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Mondays through Fridays; Will Hinton, 919-497-3238, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- “Dispatches from the Cape Fear River” - Jan. 17 through March 2; works by Harry Taylor; opening reception 7 p.m. Jan. 17.
- “Rivers and Waterways” - March 14 through April 20; works by Marion Clark Weathers; opening reception 7 p.m. March 14.
- Spring Student art show – May 3; works by Louisburg College students; reception 7 p.m.
Braswell Memorial Library: 727 N. Grace St., Rocky Mount; 442-1951.
- 5:30-6:30 p.m. today – Game Night; Teen Area; variety of games.
Rocky Mount Children’s Museum and Science Center: 270 Gay St.; 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday to Saturday and 1-5 p.m. Sunday; admission $6; free admission Sundays to Rocky Mount residents; admission includes Cummins Planetarium. 972-1266; imperialcentre.org.
- ”Ocean Bound” – Through Sunday; explore as scientists on a journey through watersheds to see how our actions on land affect the oceans.
Cummins Planetarium: 270 Gay St., Rocky Mount; 972-1266.
- “Incoming” - Through Sunday; exploration of asteroids, comets and stories of cosmic origins; 1 p.m. and 4 p.m. Tuesdays through Saturdays and 4 p.m. Sundays.
- “Astronaut” - Through Sunday; exploration of space and what it takes to become an astronaut; 2 p.m. Tuesdays through Sundays.
- “Big Bird's Adventure” - Through Saturday; musical journey with Big Bird and some new Sesame Street friends about the sun and stars; 11 a.m. Saturdays.
- “Seasons of Light” - Through Sunday; exploration of stars and constellations of the winter night sky and investigation of the mystery of the Star of Bethlehem with holiday music.
- Laser Holidays – Through Sunday; laser show set to holiday music.
Westridge Grill: 3629 Sunset Ave. (in Westridge Shopping Center). Rocky Mount; 937-7299; show times 7 p.m.; free admission.
- 7:30 p.m. Tuesdays – Trivia contest.
Sharks-N-Shooters: 4470 Sunset Ave., Rocky Mount; 937-8882; private club; entrance free with paid membership.
- 8 p.m. Tuesdays and Saturdays – Cornhole tournament; $10 per team.
- 10 p.m.-2 a.m. Thursdays – Weekly karaoke/dance party featuring D.J. Redeyez.
- 10 p.m.-2 a.m. Fridays – Dance party featuring D.J. Hipnotic.
Dunn Center for the Performing Arts: 3400 N. Wesleyan Blvd.; 7:30 p.m. except as noted; 985-5100.
- Jan. 19 – The Malpass Brothers.
- Feb. 2 – The Mo'Soul Revue.
- Feb. 16 – The Boxcars.
- March 9 – The Tar River Swing Band.
- April 13 – Bubble Trouble.
- May 4 – Wilson Fairchild.
Rocky Mount Community Theatre: 270 Gay St.; 972-1266; imperialcentre.org.
- “The Little Mermaid” - March 2-4 and March 9-11; story of Ariel and her longing to leave her ocean home to live in the world above.
- “Waiting for Godot” - May 3-6; portrait of the dogged resilience of a man's spirit in the face of little hope.
- “Joseph and The Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat” - July 20-22; summer youth production; story based on the “coats of many colors” story of Joseph from the Bible's book of Genesis.
Louisburg College concert series: 7:30 p.m.; Jones Performing Arts Center, 501 N. Main St., Louisburg; children 12 and younger admitted free but must be accompanied by a paying adult; 919-497-3300.
- Feb. 23 – The Irish Dance Company; $27 adults, $25 seniors and students.
- March 16 – The Tams; $27 adults, $25 seniors and students.
- April 20 – Jeanne Robertson; $30 adults, $28 seniors and students.
Braswell Memorial Library children’s programs: 727 N. Grace St.; 442-1951.
- 10:30 a.m. Mondays – Mother Goose story time; birth through 3 years old; music, puppet shows and storytelling.
- 11 a.m. Tuesdays – Preschool story time; ages 3-5; music, puppet shows and storytelling.
- 1 p.m. first Saturday – R.E.A.D. Dog Chere; interactive program promotes confidence and love of reading in children; free; registration required.
Blount-Bridgers House tours: 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Wednesdays through Saturdays and 2-4 p.m. Sundays; 130 Bridgers St., Tarboro; 823-4159.
Countyline Bluegrass Barn: 5832 Hornes Church Road, Wilson; Kenny Pierce, 813-0930; countylinebluegrassbarn.org.
- 7:30 p.m. Tuesdays – Bluegrass picking session; free.